I was taking a walk this beautiful, Sunny, warm afternoon ( Yes, I am rubbing in the fact that in Southern California, it is GORGEOUS, I’ll say sorry now to all my friends, family and readers across the country in the awful, cold, snowy weather). I came upon a man and woman, who I am assuming were married, to each other. They were arguing quite loudly in the street and something he yelled at her caught my ear and made me think.
“I’m not him and I never will be, I want my wife to love me for who I am not for what HE did”
What a powerful statement, I did not stick around to hear the rest of the argument. But I thought about how often in relationships I have “compared” the guy with my ex.. and How I felt when I knew they were comparing me to theirs.
So being the single girl that I am, I figured I will put out there all the reason’s I’m not HER. ( and after reading the list below, I think I know why I am single! )
1. I’m not going to cheat on you – I first of all do not have time for it and It goes against my moral code.
2. I’m Strong willed and minded – I speak my mind and know how to hold an argument (I’m not going to let you walk all over me and I need a man who won’t let me walk all over him.
3. I’m opinionated – Sometimes too much. As I said before I can speak my mind!
4. I am a BITCH – I’m not proud of it but I am. I’m not going to pretend to be something I am not..
5. I’m not picky, however I do want to be loved. I don;t have to have all the expensive things in the world, however it would be nice to be treated to nice things once in a while. You know dinner and a movie is nice, but I am also fine with a walk on the beach.
6. I am not insecure I know who I am and I am proud of the girl I am.. but I can be insecure.. Look at another girl while you are with me and you may get a verbal smack..
7. I am not DISNEY BUBBLY all the time – I have to be DISNEY for my job.. so after a 12 hour day.. its tiring.. I am not going to come home and be Cinderella just because you expect me to be upbeat all the time.
8. I’m not gorgeous But I do think I am pretty and I expect a guy to make me feel like that. Even at my worst I think a guy should know how to make his girl feel wanted
9. It is all about me.. Not all the time.. But I like to talk about me, I like things to be about me.. Especially when things are bad and I need to be made to feel better. I do not want to be upstaged by your mother, your sister or your friends. I also need you to understand that sometimes its all about my family.
– I chose “I’m not that girl” from Wicked as the “Theme Song” for this post, as this song always makes me sad to think that guys don’t always go for a girl like me, There are days I feel like Elphaba – Plus I guess I am the Wicked Witch of the West on the best of days…
For that one guy out there that I hope to find someday.. I’m not perfect. Nor do I try to be. I want to be loved for who I am and I will love you just the same. I’m NOT her, I am me.. and I hope that for the right guy, it will be enough for him!